Association of Consumer Credit Information Suppliers(ACCIS)
Established in Dublin in 1990, it currently brings together 39 consumer credit reference agencies in 27 European countries and 6 associate members from all other continents.
ACCIS IVZW is since 2006 a registered International non-profit association under Belgian law.
- member-owned ‘mutual’ organizations;
- commercial profit-making companies and government-owned;
- providers of both negative and positive information.
- to represent, promote, protect and preserve the common interests of its members;
- to include in particular the representation and advocacy of member interests vis-a-vis government agencies, the public and all other third parties;
- to inform members about matters of concern to them, including information about practices of other members and to coordinate the mutual interests of the members.